A toddler who had ingested a significant amount of ferrous sulphate was admitted to the regional paediatric intensive care unit for supportive treatment. He received gastric lavage, bowel irrigation and intravenous desferrioxamine. He had a very high serum iron level of 700 µmol/l and was commenced on continuous veno-venous haemofitration. His serum iron levels quickly returned to normal and he made a good recovery, with no permanent sequelae from the ingestion.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.