Article Text

Download PDFPDF
Images in Paediatrics
  1. Nandhini Kumaraguru1,
  2. Jutta Köglmeier2,
  3. Munther Haddad3
  1. 1Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
  2. 2Paediatric Gastroenterology Unit, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
  3. 3Paediatric Surgery Unit, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
  1. Correspondence to Dr Nandhini Kumaraguru, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK; knandhini2k{at}

Statistics from

Request Permissions

If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.


A 21-month-old girl presented to the emergency department 5 h after accidental ingestion of approximately 30 button batteries. Her clinical examination was unremarkable, and she remained well, apart from one episode of bilious vomiting. Abdominal x-ray showed multiple batteries scattered in the stomach and few in the small and large bowel (figure 1).The oesophagus …

View Full Text


  • Competing interests None.

  • Provenance and peer review Not commissioned; externally peer reviewed.

  • Patient consent Obtained.