With improving neonatal survival for extremely premature babies, the challenge for neonatology is to improve outcome of surviving babies. This review concentrates on best evidence emerging in recent years on prevention of brain damage by early administration of drugs as well as avoidance of induced brain damage by hyperventilation and dexamethasone therapy given postnatally for chronic lung disease.
- CLD, chronic lung disease
- IVH, intraventricular haemorrhage
- PaCO2, arterial carbon dioxide tension
- PVL, periventricular leucomalacia
- RCT, randomised controlled trial
- TIPP, The Injury Prevention Program
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Competing interests: None declared.