Intensive, didactic courses teaching resuscitation training are currently not only very popular, but are also required curricula content for certain aspects of medical training. There are a number of such courses available in the field of paediatrics, each with a different emphasis and target audience. They are not inexpensive, as they utilise large amounts of training equipment and have a high instructor to student ratio. This review will examine the course structures, instructor training, the need for such courses, and effect they may have on patient outcome.
- life support course
- ACLS, Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- ALSG, Advanced Life Support Group
- APLS, Advanced Paediatric Life Support
- ATLS, Advanced Trauma Life Support
- ERC, European Resuscitation Council
- GIC, Generic Instructors Course
- NLS, Neonatal Life Support
- PALS, Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.