Statistics from Altmetric.com
A 30-month-old child was brought to our Emergency Department with a history of accidental ingestion of nicotine solution. The mother had spotted her picking up a refill cartridge bottle and placing it in her mouth. Although she managed to snatch it away quickly she wasn't sure if the child had managed to swallow a small amount. The girl had vomited shortly after this incident but was otherwise asymptomatic. On examination the child was systemically well and all clinical observations were normal. The child's mother was unable to provide details about the amount or strength of solution in the bottle.
Toxbase was searched. There was extensive information on nicotine intoxication including smoking …