rss
Arch Dis Child doi:10.1136/archdischild-2013-303963
  • PostScript
  • Letter

Window blind cords and accidental strangulation

Press Release
  1. Job Cyriac
  1. Department of Paediatrics, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, UK
  1. Correspondence to Dr Manas Datta, Department of Paediatrics, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford CM1 7ET, UK; manas.datta{at}meht.nhs.uk
  • Accepted 27 March 2013
  • Published Online First 29 April 2013

Case report

A 22-month-old boy was admitted to the children's ward through Accident and Emergency (A&E) with accidental hanging from a window blind cord. On the day of the incident at around 18:30, the child was with his elder sister in a bedroom and his mother was in the kitchen. When his mother came back after about 4 min of absence from the bedroom, the child was found hanging onto a pull chain of the blind cord of the window. He was not breathing and was blue. His mother immediately picked him up and laid him on the ground; after about 20 s, he started breathing and his colour improved. When the paramedics arrived shortly after that, the …

Free sample

This recent issue is free to all users to allow everyone the opportunity to see the full scope and typical content of ADC.
View free sample issue >>

Don't forget to sign up for content alerts so you keep up to date with all the articles as they are published.

Navigate This Article