Tracheal rupture is rare in childhood and optimal treatment is not clear. A 14-year old boy was admitted to a local hospital after sudden loss of consciousness. He underwent endotracheal intubation and was referred to our hospital. The patient’s history revealed that he had voluntarily inhaled butane gas. The physical examination was consistent with coma and cardiogenic shock, and the chest x-ray showed pulmonary edema. The patient was admitted to the intensive care unit, and diuretic and inotropic therapy was started. In the third hour of monitoring of the patient under mechanical ventilation, subcutaneous emphysema and pneumothorax at the right hemithorax were observed without deterioration of the vital functions. Thoracic computed tomography (CT) scan findings were consistent with tracheal rupture. The patient was monitored conservatively without surgery. On the fifth day of hospitalization, his tube was removed, and he was discharged on the twelfth day with a positive prognosis. In this study, a tracheal rupture case after endotracheal intubation is presented in which the patient recovered completely with conservative therapy.