Article Text

PDF

Near fatal ingestion of oil of cloves.
  1. G Hartnoll,
  2. D Moore,
  3. D Douek
  1. St Thomas's Hospital, Department of Paediatrics, London.

    Abstract

    A case of ingestion of oil of cloves is presented, which resulted in coma, fits, a coagulopathy, and acute liver damage. This is not unlike the syndrome produced in the late stages of a substantial paracetamol overdose, and a similar treatment regimen is proposed.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.