Article Text

PDF

Methaemoglobinaemia after ingestion of amyl nitrite.
  1. R J Forsyth,
  2. A Moulden
  1. Department of Child Health, University Hospital, Nottingham.

    Abstract

    We report a case of methaemoglobinaemia in a 2 year old girl after ingestion of an 'aphrodisiac' containing nitrite. The availability of these products, their poor labelling, and their intended presence in domestic bedrooms all serve to increase the hazard they pose to young children.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.