A girl aged 1 year died of acute haemorrhagic pancreatitis while taking sodium valproate. Necropsy showed widespread vascular disease that may have contributed to the onset of pancreatitis. Previous reports of pancreatitis in children receiving valproic acid are reviewed and although the association is rare, a causal relation between pancreatitis and valproic acid seems to have been established.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.