Article Text

PDF

Outcome of treatment for neonates referred to a supraregional cardiac centre 1976-78.
  1. D F Dickinson,
  2. R Arnold,
  3. J L Wilkinson

    Abstract

    The clinical course and outcome of treatment for 322 consecutive neonates referred to a supraregional paediatric cardiac unit are reviewed. Two hundred and forty-eight (77%) had structural congenital cardiac defects. The remaining 74 (23%) presented with arrhythmia, nonstructural cardiorespiratory problems, or problems unrelated to the cardiovascular or respiratory system. Transposition of the great arteries and coarctation of the aorta were associated with a good prognosis. Infants with cyanotic cardiac defects associated with a low pulmonary blood flow who required early palliation were found to have a poorer outlook.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

    Request permissions

    If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.